Microfilm Index

Search for: in in

Administrative Records

A unique collection of seventeenth and eighteenth-century records from the Somerset County Administrator's Accounts.

Crisfield Post

The Crisfield Post began publication September 6, 1935 [v. 1, no. 1] and ceased January 24, 1947 [v. 12, no. 20]. It was published weekly. It was also published as the Crisfield Post and the Somerset News January 10-17, 1947. The newspaper merged with the Somerset News (Princess Anne: 1925) to form the Crisfield Post and the Somerset News (Crisfield: 1947). (Source: Maryland State Archives Guide to Maryland Newspapers)

Crisfield Times

The Crisfield Times began publication in 1889. It was published weekly. Title history based on August 22, 1896 [v. 8, no. 51]. (Source: Maryland State Archives Guide to Maryland Newspapers)

Judicial Records

Somerset County judicial records from the eighteenth-century.

Marylander and Herald

The Marylander and Herald began publication in 1898 and ceased December 26, 1984 [v. 159, no. 39]. It was published weekly. Title history based on April 4, 1899 [v. 1, no. 36]. It was published as the Marylander & Herald October 7, 1982-1984. The newspaper was formed by the union of the Marylander (Princess Anne: 1881) and the Somerset Herald (Princess Anne: 1861) and was continued by the Somerset Herald (Princess Anne: 1985). (Source: Maryland State Archives Guide to Maryland Newspapers)

Somerset Herald

The Somerset Herald began publication January 2, 1985 [v. 159, no. 40]. It was published weekly. The newspaper continues the Marylander and Herald (Princess Anne: 1898). (Source: Maryland State Archives Guide to Maryland Newspapers)

Village Herald

The Village Herald began publication in 1827 and ceased in May 1838. It was published weekly. Title history based on April 10, 1827. The newspaper was continued by the Herald (Princess Anne: 1828). (Source: Maryland State Archives Guide to Maryland Newspapers

The Somerset County Library System has a microfilm collection of local newspapers dating back to 1827. In order to make these records accessible and searchable for teachers, students, researchers, and people living outside our County, the microfilm has been digitized to create an easy to use archive. The Somerset County Library System was awarded a Library Services and Technology Act grant with funding by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, through the Maryland State Department of Education, Division of Library and Development Services (DLDS).

The Crowley Company scanned and indexed the files and Creekside Digital provided the Digital Reader software to enable online browsing and searching of the digital collection, and also hosts this website. Special thanks to The Crisfield-Somerset Times and The Daily Times for permission to make these full-text records available.